My gripe.

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

My gripe.

Post by Rick »

I have helped 5 guys in the passed month to get there radios up and running vir the PM on this forum and not a one has express any form of gratitude, is just to much to say thanks.

Rick.
Uncle Ray
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Uncle Ray »

Hi Rick. Mate don't take it personaly. I think that they're excited about geting their radio fixed.
I for one find your posts informative.
Do keep up the good work Ol' Boy.
Warm regards from the land of OZ. :D
zodiac
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by zodiac »

Rick,
You are not on your own.
Dave. :lol:
How far is it.
Twice it's length from halfway.
Renegado
Dead Key
Dead Key

Thank u Rick, For ur Help ( Fried Galaxy 949)

Post by Renegado »

Hi Rick, we r here !!! Talking on my behalf, i really apreciate u, helping me out with my radio, now is working really goooooooodddddddd !!!!, u r a good sport, keep up the good job, anything that i can do for u, just let me know. Thx again....... Renegado from Houston tx. :D :D :D
kennz4q

Post by kennz4q »

I am sorry for not saying thanks, I will always in the future remember to that Rick you have been a great help.
Ken
Iceburg
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Iceburg »

Rick
I for one really appreciate all the advise you have given me! you are an invaluable asset to this forum. May the radio gods spread great karma your way!
Thanks a lot
Chuck
fuzzyfireman338
Dead Key
Dead Key

my gripe

Post by fuzzyfireman338 »

Rick,
I really appreciate the effort you have shown in regards to the information given me towards repairing my radio.(RE: general grant, receive fading.) I just haven't had time to try and repair it yet!!!. As soon as I get to it, i'll let you know how it went. I'm sorry that i did not acknowledge your message sooner. THX again for the info! fuzzyfireman338.
Willo
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Willo »

Rick

Although I have not recieved any advice from you yet,I have read alot of your posts to other guys with problems. I think your technical skills are a gold mine for us old radio nuts. I thank you very much for the skills I have picked up from reading other post that you have contributed to. I think every one here would raise their soldering irons for a toast to you......... :D
Alot of guys doorstops have been repaired from your skills.....

Thank you Rick
nomadradio
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by nomadradio »

Hi Rick,
I want to thank you for carrying my water here for so long. I'm still listed as 'moderator', but life and business got, well, busy......

I'm pleased to see so many pats on the back posted above. My personal preference has been to conduct troubleshooting discussions on the main board, rather than by PM or email.

The guy who wants the help may prefer the private route, but my concern is that the other participants and lurkers will miss out.

Found myself answering the same half-dozen questions that way, over and over. Ended up directing a few PM questions back to the board.

That way, I could reply with a link to the previous time I'd covered this guy's issue.

Less typing that way.

There's a name for that kind of job. They call it "thankless".

The repair business has gotten out of hand here. For the last 8 or 10 months I have had to pay more attention to the business. And less attention to entertainment, like forums and BBSs.

In previous years, I was active on multiple forums during my 'slow' seasons. Been over a year since our last slow season, and no end in sight. Every time another repair guy in the region closes, we get a boost in traffic. Add to this the fact that every, single, last electronic component that you have EVER seen in your whole life has now been discontinued. All of them that contain lead. And that would be every part you ever used or saw. Until 2006.

Every, last, single one. Makes my "parts department" hat fit a lot tighter than it used to. I should whip up a soap-box article on the EU's "lead-free" thing that caused all this to happen. Doesn't seem to get a lot of coverage in the general press on our side of the pond.

But if you read industry newsletters on the electronic manufacturing and circuit-board business, it's about two-thirds of what they talk about. Lead-free assembly turns out be be a marginal nightmare.

Please, keep up the good work. Maybe things will slow down a bit here this summer, and I'll become a bit less scarce.

Maybe. And if another nearby shop closes up, who am I to complain?

The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Defpom »

It is good to see you drop by, I understand what you mean, I can't spend as much time around here myself as I once could, due to other commitments, it is a good job that Rick and others help out so much around here !
Studio1
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Studio1 »

Can't agree more there Rick...

Sadly it's like many things. If you've got it, everyone wants it, but no one actually wants to pay for it.

Ok, there is no payment system here, it's information given on a voluntary basis with no guarantees supplied.
People still need to make an effort to thank the giver of the info if it turns out to be useful to them.

I am on several other forums and if people are generous enough to lend me some advice, whether it is relevant or not, I always try to go back and make some acknowledgement.

It only takes a few seconds to post a 'thank you' note.
speedracer6g
Light User
Light User
First Name: Michael

Post by speedracer6g »

If i ever forgot to thank you Rick I am sorry. Thanks for all your help. It is nice to have a go to guy that has alot of experience. thanks again for all your help. Keep up the good work.

MIKE :D :D :wink:
timrim
Heavy User
Heavy User

Post by timrim »

I also owe Rick a very warm thank you for his help on troubleshooting a PLL problem on a Galaxy Radio, and his help in various other incidents.
What people need to realize that the technicians time is valuable and that they could be doing things that make them money, but out of the kindness of their heart, they actually take the time to help people with their problems here without expecting any financial payment. I can't thank Rick and others enough for the help that has been given me here. Because of these forums I have actually learned a few troubleshooting techniques that will save me time in the future, and I have even been repairing radios since the mid-seventies.
So right now I am extending a very big thank you to Rick and everyone here that has helped me with my problem radios! I also will repay the community here by offering my help with their problems whenever possible.
beerbarrel
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by beerbarrel »

Thanks Rick for the couple of issues i have had and you been the only one to help me out cheers bud =D>