Good Mic for 29LTD

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
simmonds1970

Good Mic for 29LTD

Post by simmonds1970 »

I read somewhere online the favorite mic for truckers that would work with a Cobra 29LTD and cannot find the info again. What mic would be a great match for this radio. This is the older 29 with the side mount mic jack. Thanks.
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: Good Mic for 29LTD

Post by Rick »

Any good quality power mike should be ok, if you are using the radio mobile then a good quality noise-cancelling mike. In this world you get what you pay for.

Rick.
simmonds1970

Post by simmonds1970 »

Thanks again Mike. Any suggestions on a good quality noise cancelling mic?
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: Noise-cancelling mic for 29LTD

Post by Rick »

The Turner RK56 Road King is very good but be-aware there are some copies and there are not so good. I have a mate, which uses an Asatic 636L, and he always sounds very good. Checkout www.pacific.us.fm/pacific2005/store/index.html and
www.kenselectronics.com/lists/mics.htm#Desk as they may have just what you are looking for.

Rick.
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by 148 »

road devil is great on mine
BoogeyMan

Cobra Mic?

Post by BoogeyMan »

I use an Astatic M6 (had tone & volume on it with 9volt battery)
also I have a Trucker Series Power Mic 9 volt. Im told they both woop'it!
Sounds good! BoogeyMan
zeppfrog
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by zeppfrog »

i vote AStatic or RK-56 and never (personnally) use a mic that requires batteries... its self defeating. you either run against the amc which is going to cut it back or if the amc is clipped its going to make a bad sounding rig worse. I use both the astatic and roadking rk56. the rk56 is heavier and has a glossier look. but the astatic is lighter and doesnt seem to be any less durable. a plus for the 56, it has a heavier cord but in turn a minus for the 56, it has a heavier cord. what looks on the surface as higher durability is actually a minus because it is more prone to pull its solder connections loose on the plug. and the lighter cord on the astatic is easier to get along with on a heavy use basis. But both are top mics. top sound and reasonable price. i have seen astatics on sale in the 30 price range and rk 56s in the 40+. You would be happy with either, no matter how your radio is set up.
Guardogg24
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Guardogg24 »

roadking 56 or factory are the best ways to go I have found that when you use an astatic sometimes you get a low pitched squel and it only seems to be on cobra 25 or 29's
Lost in Confussion!!!!!

Please help me find my way back
timrim
Heavy User
Heavy User

Post by timrim »

Astatic 636L would be my first choice, I sell lots of them and they sound great.
The RK-56B would be my second choice, but the switch isn't quite as good and I have seen alot of RK-56's and RK56B's that need to have a resistor installed so that they do not pick up excessive background noise, something the mic should be designed to do in the first place, the mic element seems to be too sensitive for some reason.