Cobra 148GTL Issue.

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
fantacmet

Cobra 148GTL Issue.

Post by fantacmet »

Ok this radio does not get power to anything. A couple of times I was able to get power, but not anymore. When it did have power, it had no lights on the front whatsoever, the channel indicator did not light up(so I had no idea whether I was transmitting or anything else), the SWR meter on the front was not working either. The mic was pretty much shot, I know that much, as I tried it on another radio. I know that the dynamike pot needs to be replaced, and that the light dimmer switch needs to be replaced(gonna do that in a few minutes), but aside from that, no clue what is going on here. Any suggestions? This radio would be preferable then trying to find the components to tweak my 510 pro.
frogman296
Heavy User
Heavy User

Post by frogman296 »

volume/squelch pot...worth a try...if your dynamike pot is shot, more pots may be in the same condition
vintagetech

Re: Cobra 148GTL Issue.

Post by vintagetech »

fantacmet wrote:Ok this radio does not get power to anything. A couple of times I was able to get power, but not anymore. When it did have power, it had no lights on the front whatsoever, the channel indicator did not light up(so I had no idea whether I was transmitting or anything else), the SWR meter on the front was not working either. The mic was pretty much shot, I know that much, as I tried it on another radio. I know that the dynamike pot needs to be replaced, and that the light dimmer switch needs to be replaced(gonna do that in a few minutes), but aside from that, no clue what is going on here. Any suggestions? This radio would be preferable then trying to find the components to tweak my 510 pro.
Unit 67
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Unit 67 »

Check first the transistor located in the side of your radio for a broken trace.There is a little trace that goes from the transistor to the front of your radio circuit and i founded many radios with this type of problem with a bad trace.Next you have to check the CB/PA switch for a broken wire in this circuit.

Psssssss;This radio has many problems at the same time but you have to test fisrt the common problems in this type of radio.

You buy this radio in some Garage Sale?

Ji,Ji,Ji!!!!!!!