Emperor TS-5010 CPU Info

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
Unit 67
Dead Key
Dead Key

Emperor TS-5010 CPU Info

Post by Unit 67 »

Hi to all;I have a big problem with my Emperor TS-5010 and i need to know if i can exchange the original PLL (HD614081) with the HR-2510 PLL(UC1250).It is because i bought this radio couple of days ago and i founded that this radio was used with the power cables inverted.The radio has couple of jumpers in the traces but i did the testing in all of the circuits and everything reads ok but i noticed that the CPU board has a bad readings in the PLL board.If i place the channel selector in the Channels #9 the frequency counter shows the 27.085Mhz instead of the correct 27.065Mhz and every channel has a different readings in the frequency counter.The other option like the Steps,ANL/NB,the Band selection and everything works as they should except the problem in the frequency cpunter.The radio has no RX and no TX but has audio and the PA works perfect.

Note;I remember couple of years ago the same radio with the freuqncy counter done with the coverage between 26.000Mhz to 29.000Mhz with a different PLL installled and i bought a new HR-2510PLL for just $25.00 and i need to know if i can install this PLL into my Emperor TS-5010 radio and Many Thanks Anticipated.
The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Emperor TS-5010 CPU Info

Post by The Defpom »

The large IC is not the PLL, it is an MPU, which controls TWO PLL's, along with many of the radios functions, such as the display etc.

There are differences between the MPU programs, and this includes the functions of its pinouts.

Personally I would just keep the 2510 working, electronically they are almost identical anyway, and keep the 5010 as spares for the 2510.

Talking about spares, if you are going to junk one of those radios, I would be interested in some parts from them.