This mod was sent to me by Dan.
Here is some info on kenwood TS2000 mods to put on your site
I got this information from WWW.mods.dk
who i found on on www.qrz.com
I got the modification information on the TS-2000 from reliable sources recently. The info. seems to be correct. My TS-2000 (K-type) worked.
1. Remove the top and bottom cover.
2. Loosen the 4 screws that tighen the front panel.
3. Pull the front panel forward, holding the upper part.
4. You will see a fan on the left.
5. At the bottom right of the fan, there are jumpers.
* Remove R52 to expand the RX frequency.
* Remove R53 to expand the TX frequency.
* Remove R54 to expand the features.
(Cross-band Repeat, SkyCommand, External Remote and etc.)
R52 and R54 have been already removed on my transceiver.
After the modification, it transmits:
1.705 - 30MHz, 49-54MHz, 142-152MHz, 420-450MHz.
* It does not expand too much, though :-(
Oh, I forgot one important thing.
You must perform ALL RESET by pressing and hold [A=B] key when you turn on the transceiver. (You will lose all the memory data).
Go Back To The Kenwood Mods Page
Go Back To The Main Modifications Page
Go Back To The CB / HAM Radio Main Page
Go Back To The Main Home Page
Copyright © The Defpom 1997-2008