This mod info was sent to me by Weak One, thank you.
After removing the bottom cover,
look behind the channel selector..
You are looking for J33, once located, find P5(yellow) &P6 (grey).
Cut wire on P5 which is yellow and install a SPST switch inline.
Cut P6 which is grey and install a SPST switch in line.
If you want, you can wire it up to the switches on the radio, anl-nb-ch19/off-dim bright.
Just make sure that if you want it bright, that you wire acordingly, the same with the anl-nb, if you want it on, wire acordingly.
Clip D75 and install a switch for on/off talk back.
This version will give you the abillity to change the audio level.
1. Remove D75
2. Add a jumper from JP25 to Cathode of D79
3. If the audio level is not loud enough, replace R-221 with 56K ohm.
Step #3 is not really necessary as the audio level is loud, but to some users it may not be loud enough
First off, remove the top and bottom covers,
take the knobs off of the radio,
and remove the screws for the face plate.
Very carefully lift the face plate up just far enough so you can do the clarifier mod..
You have to lift the face up and if your carefull, it's easy to lift it up far enough without having to un-hook any wires with no problem..
4.Place a wire across D38 mounting holes
5.Place a wire from J14 (which is +8volts) and connect it to J9 at the F1 connection.
With the instructions about the covers and
face being taken off as in the first and third version.
1. Remove R113
2. Remove D68
3. Place wire from J14(+8volts) and connect it to J9 at position F1
After the covers and face are taken off, and the face lifted slightly
1. Remove JP195
2. Remove JP196
3. Place wire from J14(+8volts)and connect it to J9 at the F1 position
This will work for most EPT-069610Z Boards.
Install the parts listed below:
1. Q47 One additional 2sc1969 final with isolation hardware.
2. A heat sink should be bolted to the rear of the chassis after the conversion.
4. C209-390pf 5% 50mv mica capacitor.
5. C212-104uf 5% 50mv ceramic capacitor.
6. R242-22 ohm 1/8 watt 5% carbon film resistor
7. R243-150ohm 1/2 watt 5% carbon film resistor
8. L34-22uh conformal coated choke
9. Q47-2SC1969 Transistor
10. VR11-100 variable potentiometer.
AM Modulation limiter R-276
VR-1 AM S-METER
VR-2 SSB S-METER
VR-3 SSB SQUELCH RANGE
VR-4 AM SQUELCH RANGE
VR-6 SSB CARRIER BALANCE
VR-7 TX OFFSET
VR-9 RF METER
VR-10 FINAL BIAS
VR-12 DRIVER BIAS
VR-13 SSB ALC
VR-14 A HIGH POWER
VR-15 AM MODULATION METER
VR-16 AM MODULATION
VR-17 SSB POWER
VR-18 AM LOW POWER
VC1-10.240 MHz Frequency adjustment
This counter shows the number of hits since the 25th October 2004
Go Back To The Main Modifications Page
Go Back To The CB / HAM Radio Main Page
Go Back To The Main Home Page
Copyright © RadioMods 1997-2016