Search found 23 matches
- Friday 21st Dec 2007, 10:52
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
Re: Galaxy 88hl No TX.
Rick I had forgotten about this until now, way back before you started helping me, back when this project began, a new pair of finals were installed, no change. Then a new driver was installed but the driver had the pins located on the wrong pads (installed wrong) Radio was quickly powered on then ...
- Friday 21st Dec 2007, 9:40
- Forum: CB Radio Amplifiers
- Topic: Looking for Info. On Cobra XL 350 Power supply, Amp. Combo
- Replies: 4
- Views: 15980
Big Mike
All the cobra XL350 amplifiers I have seen use the same circuits as the messenger 350hd class Ab. The main difference is how the transistors are biased. The Cobra uses a regulated bias circuit and a variable pot to adjust the idle current. The messenger uses a fixed bias circuit.
CBTricks ...
All the cobra XL350 amplifiers I have seen use the same circuits as the messenger 350hd class Ab. The main difference is how the transistors are biased. The Cobra uses a regulated bias circuit and a variable pot to adjust the idle current. The messenger uses a fixed bias circuit.
CBTricks ...
- Friday 21st Dec 2007, 9:09
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Thursday 20th Dec 2007, 18:26
- Forum: CB Radio Amplifiers
- Topic: Swing vs. DK
- Replies: 4
- Views: 13641
- Thursday 20th Dec 2007, 17:17
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Wednesday 19th Dec 2007, 11:23
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
Re: Galaxy 88hl No TX.
27.170mhz does exist at collector tr-45Rick wrote:IC9 is OK then. Can you try your counter on the Base and Collector of TR45 and TR46 in AM mode, and let us know what frequency you have.
Do you have a RF probe or a scope?
- Wednesday 19th Dec 2007, 11:15
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Wednesday 19th Dec 2007, 10:46
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Wednesday 19th Dec 2007, 10:32
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
Wanted
Wanted 3-500 chimney. Can/will pay with PayPal.
Rooster
Rooster
- Wednesday 19th Dec 2007, 9:48
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Wednesday 19th Dec 2007, 8:05
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Wednesday 19th Dec 2007, 0:58
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Tuesday 18th Dec 2007, 9:17
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Monday 17th Dec 2007, 7:26
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Monday 17th Dec 2007, 4:50
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Monday 17th Dec 2007, 4:46
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Monday 17th Dec 2007, 3:54
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
- Sunday 16th Dec 2007, 4:51
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Help. Bad engine noise when I transmit
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8013
- Sunday 16th Dec 2007, 4:43
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 88hl TX issues
- Replies: 27
- Views: 50040
Galaxy 88hl TX issues
Good day, I have a galaxy 88 which does not transmit. So far I have replaced the finals and driver hoping to end this repair with an alignment.
Given that I'm an amature, here's what I have come up with so far.
The regulator tr-51 is ok, Tr-36 has the correct voltage, tr-41 correct as well.
With ...
Given that I'm an amature, here's what I have come up with so far.
The regulator tr-51 is ok, Tr-36 has the correct voltage, tr-41 correct as well.
With ...
- Monday 12th Nov 2007, 7:18
- Forum: CB Radio Amplifiers
- Topic: palomar elite tx5500 SOME ONE HELP ME
- Replies: 1
- Views: 8161
Re: palomar elite tx5500 SOME ONE HELP ME
I had one of these amps a long time ago, seems like I got an average of 400 watts. Milege can vary, driving radio, voltage, is the amp original etc.RW023 wrote:whats the power out put off the amp , on am and ssb can some one help me out![]()
palomar tx5500 elite amp
- Monday 12th Nov 2007, 7:13
- Forum: CB Radio Amplifiers
- Topic: Oscillation
- Replies: 1
- Views: 6472
I isolated the problem so my amp should be ok after a few changes. For inquiring minds, the tuning cap for the output was maybe 3/8's of an inch away from the chasis but worse yet one turn on the combiner was all but touching the chasis throwing my tuning way out. I shifted the board forward giving ...
- Monday 12th Nov 2007, 3:13
- Forum: CB Radio Amplifiers
- Topic: Oscillation
- Replies: 1
- Views: 6472
Oscillation
Hey all, thanks for the membership, looking forward to this forum.
Anyhow, last night I built up an amplifier 4 2879's, class c. It seems to oscillating and i'm not sure why. I have put many of these amps together before but this time I used a very small case which caused me to do some minor stuff ...
Anyhow, last night I built up an amplifier 4 2879's, class c. It seems to oscillating and i'm not sure why. I have put many of these amps together before but this time I used a very small case which caused me to do some minor stuff ...