I have noticed two XTALS on the board for the PLL.But I'm sure if changin them would be the right move.Im not familer w/ the PLL chip in use,and it is soldered in(no XTAL socket). Any help w/ this would be greatly app. Desir.Freq. 26.900 to 27.550 mHz
THANKS AGIAN WMC
The frequency conversion ...
Search found 32 matches
- Tuesday 17th Jun 2008, 4:37
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: 10 meter to 11 meter conversion for Galaxy DH 88HL
- Replies: 1
- Views: 6314
- Saturday 14th Jun 2008, 3:22
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: Galaxy 959
- Replies: 11
- Views: 21979
- Friday 13th Jun 2008, 3:39
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: How much output power should a galaxy 93t have.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 8172
Re: How much output power should a galaxy 93t have.
Hallo
I wonder how much power in SSB band should I have min,med,max.My radio does have:
Min:20 PeP Watt
Med:35 PeP watt
Max:50 Pep watt
If I goes over 50watt in max power the modulation sounded distored.I not have a scope to check the radio.
Best ragards Jan
It's 50 watts max on SSB ...
I wonder how much power in SSB band should I have min,med,max.My radio does have:
Min:20 PeP Watt
Med:35 PeP watt
Max:50 Pep watt
If I goes over 50watt in max power the modulation sounded distored.I not have a scope to check the radio.
Best ragards Jan
It's 50 watts max on SSB ...
- Wednesday 11th Jun 2008, 4:07
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: New Galaxy 959 with IRF520 Final- Can you make it a dual?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 37310
the dx 98 vhp has the same board. if you look at the schematic for the dx-98vhp the main board is dual mosfet and should get you well on you way. Make sure the 3rd leg of the bias pot is soldered to ground on the driver circuit. If you dont do that you wont be able to set your bias on the driver to ...
- Saturday 7th Jun 2008, 5:31
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: GALAXY DX-44 NO RX, AND NO PA AUDIO???? HELP!!
- Replies: 19
- Views: 34413
Re: GALAXY DX-44 NO RX, AND NO PA AUDIO???? HELP!!
I have a galaxy dx-44 on the bench here. When i got it it had to tx or rx and i found that tr43 and tr44 were both shorted. I replaced them and tr36 wich was shorted out. I have tx back now and working perfectly. Now on the rx side i found that someone put a 1n4148 in place of a 7.5volt zener at ...
- Thursday 5th Jun 2008, 4:11
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: galaxy dx 88hml dual mosfet upgrade help???
- Replies: 22
- Views: 54908
- Wednesday 4th Jun 2008, 4:28
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: galaxy dx 88hml dual mosfet upgrade help???
- Replies: 22
- Views: 54908
Well finally got it giong. I was having a blonde moment and forgot to move the exta capacitors from the bottom of the board. Duh!! Well with that and the 2sb827 and all the other stuff being done it works better than the new DX-33hp. I got 29 watts average on the meter on my R2200B comunications ...
- Wednesday 4th Jun 2008, 4:19
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: galaxy dx 88hml dual mosfet upgrade help???
- Replies: 22
- Views: 54908
- Wednesday 4th Jun 2008, 4:10
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy DX 88 VCO Problem
- Replies: 39
- Views: 65612
- Saturday 31st May 2008, 9:15
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: galaxy dx 88hml dual mosfet upgrade help???
- Replies: 22
- Views: 54908
AARRGGG. well I am getting about 8 watts deadkey i can turn it up to 12 but It is peaking out at 32 watts pep before it starts to flat top the waveform. It is like i am not getting enough drive from the audio to push it the rest of the way or something. tr51 is getting pretty warm real fast. On my ...
- Saturday 31st May 2008, 4:09
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: galaxy dx 88hml dual mosfet upgrade help???
- Replies: 22
- Views: 54908
- Friday 30th May 2008, 10:58
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy DX 88 VCO Problem
- Replies: 39
- Views: 65612
- Friday 30th May 2008, 10:30
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy DX 88 VCO Problem
- Replies: 39
- Views: 65612
If you have 16.270mhz on the input of IC10 pin 7 and 13.560mhz on the input of IC10 pin 2 then check that 16.270 output is on IC10 pin 9 going to L22
L22 has a 16.270 tap that goes back to IC10 pin 4.
Check that L22 is aligned for max output at IC10 pin 4.
The 16.270mhz on IC10 pin 4 is mixed with ...
L22 has a 16.270 tap that goes back to IC10 pin 4.
Check that L22 is aligned for max output at IC10 pin 4.
The 16.270mhz on IC10 pin 4 is mixed with ...
- Friday 30th May 2008, 4:04
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: galaxy dx 88hml dual mosfet upgrade help???
- Replies: 22
- Views: 54908
- Friday 30th May 2008, 3:44
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy DX 88 VCO Problem
- Replies: 39
- Views: 65612
- Friday 30th May 2008, 3:15
- Forum: Wanted !
- Topic: Channel/RF readout display for Uniden Pro 640e
- Replies: 10
- Views: 24577
- Thursday 29th May 2008, 3:04
- Forum: Wanted !
- Topic: Channel/RF readout display for Uniden Pro 640e
- Replies: 10
- Views: 24577
- Thursday 29th May 2008, 2:46
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: galaxy dx 88hml dual mosfet upgrade help???
- Replies: 22
- Views: 54908
Re: galaxy dx 88hml dual mosfet upgrade help???
Well this is an interesting one. I have a galaxy dx 33hp and this other galaxy 88hml. both with the 3600 series boards. i went through the dx 88hml and updated everyting in it to match the 33hp's mosfet setup. in the end the am regulator gets pretty warm and it only puts out 18 watts. verses 17 ...
- Friday 23rd May 2008, 10:00
- Forum: Wanted !
- Topic: Channel/RF readout display for Uniden Pro 640e
- Replies: 10
- Views: 24577
- Friday 23rd May 2008, 3:01
- Forum: Wanted !
- Topic: Channel/RF readout display for Uniden Pro 640e
- Replies: 10
- Views: 24577
- Wednesday 21st May 2008, 3:01
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy98VHP
- Replies: 5
- Views: 11661
- Tuesday 20th May 2008, 5:59
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy98VHP
- Replies: 5
- Views: 11661
Re: Galaxy98VHP
Hello forum members.
I have a galaxy98vhp which was working fine untill now.
Now my problem is i can send it back for repair or try and get some advice to fix it.Now you will probably think why just no send it back....well it was a international buy and freight will be high.
So anyway this is the ...
I have a galaxy98vhp which was working fine untill now.
Now my problem is i can send it back for repair or try and get some advice to fix it.Now you will probably think why just no send it back....well it was a international buy and freight will be high.
So anyway this is the ...
- Tuesday 20th May 2008, 3:37
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy98VHP
- Replies: 5
- Views: 11661
- Tuesday 13th May 2008, 4:19
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: Galaxy DX 949 taking out the Side Band
- Replies: 4
- Views: 9916
- Saturday 3rd May 2008, 3:41
- Forum: CB Radio Amplifiers
- Topic: Power Supply's too use with Amplifiers?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14786
- Friday 25th Apr 2008, 2:51
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Need mic pin info for GE 3-5808A
- Replies: 3
- Views: 7992
Try here, http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/repair/mics.php
Found another, http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/mic_wiring_realistic.htm
As you can see by these links, the UK has it all......

Found another, http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/mic_wiring_realistic.htm
As you can see by these links, the UK has it all......
- Thursday 24th Apr 2008, 3:38
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: Galaxy 95t ADJ
- Replies: 2
- Views: 8339
Re: Galaxy 95t ADJ
I Have A Galaxy 95t That Was Tuned For 11 Meter But Was Not Peaked Or Tuned For A Low Dead Key. It Dead Keys 40 Watts And Swings To 80 Watts With Variable Turned Down. Can I Get A Low Dead Key With A High Swing With This Radio. It Has Two 2290 Pills Thanks For Any Help
The low deadkey should be ...
The low deadkey should be ...
- Saturday 19th Apr 2008, 4:40
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: Galaxy 949 Peak
- Replies: 13
- Views: 25804
- Tuesday 15th Apr 2008, 4:42
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: Galaxy 949 Peak
- Replies: 13
- Views: 25804
Depending on how much SSB you run, you "can" remove Q39, which is the modulation limiter, but it tends to distort the SSB pretty bad. I recommend you do NOT remove Q39, but simply solder in a 1k ohm 1/4 or 1/8 watt resistor inline with the emitter leg of Q39, and reinstall in the board. This will ...
- Friday 4th Apr 2008, 3:49
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy 959 with audio problem on RX/TX
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8866
- Wednesday 5th Mar 2008, 4:03
- Forum: Tech Area
- Topic: Redco UFO Manual Needed
- Replies: 3
- Views: 14841
Re: Redco UFO Manual Needed
Hi,
I am in need of information to properly set the programming pins in an old Redco UFO unit. I have the Digiscan 400 manual which is a help for wiring the unit to the radio, but I need the truth table for the program pins in the Redco. Anyone have a manual? I have all the editions of Secret Cb ...
I am in need of information to properly set the programming pins in an old Redco UFO unit. I have the Digiscan 400 manual which is a help for wiring the unit to the radio, but I need the truth table for the program pins in the Redco. Anyone have a manual? I have all the editions of Secret Cb ...
- Tuesday 4th Mar 2008, 3:46
- Forum: What Equipment ?
- Topic: coaxial dynamics?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 10519
Re: coaxial dynamics?
I have two Coaxial Dynamics 81000-A meters.hotrod wrote:these meters are alot like the bird meters .just curious
if anyone has tried this meter
Very ruggedly built like the bird but has a larger meter.
Also will use the same slugs.