Search found 4 matches

by RFEverywhere
Wednesday 1st Oct 2014, 4:21
Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
Topic: Cobra 29 LTD Classic, no output
Replies: 25
Views: 99581

Re: Cobra 29 LTD Classic, no output

Got it figured out. Thsnks! It was the audio transformer diode.
by RFEverywhere
Wednesday 4th Jun 2014, 10:51
Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
Topic: Cobra 29 No Keyup
Replies: 18
Views: 62049

Re: Cobra 29 No Keyup

Hi

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

I have 2 Cobra 29's, one LTD the other LX. They were bought brand new several months ago. I have the exact same issue with them. On the LX I get the correct frequency at TR16 but non of the voltages past IC3 check out.

I have posted on a different ...
by RFEverywhere
Thursday 29th May 2014, 0:53
Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
Topic: Cobra 29 LTD Classic, no output
Replies: 25
Views: 99581

Re: Cobra 29 LTD Classic, no output


I have been going crazy trying to figure out what the problem may be. Both seem to not transmit, however the transmit light comes on and I also get some sort of signal on nearby receivers (several inches to feet). However on my power meter I get absolutely nothing. And on the nearby receivers, I ...
by RFEverywhere
Thursday 29th May 2014, 0:47
Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
Topic: Cobra 29 LTD Classic, no output
Replies: 25
Views: 99581

Re: Cobra 29 LTD Classic, no output

I know this is a very very VERY old thread but I came across it while trying to figure out what the issue is with my Cobra 29 Classic and Cobra 29LX.

I have been going crazy trying to figure out what the problem may be. Both seem to not transmit, however the transmit light comes on and I also get ...