Roger Fart

Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
Anonymous

Roger Fart

Post by Anonymous »

Can someone please explain the "modification" of converting you stock Ranger (Galaxy, Mirage, etc.) roger beep to a roger fart.
TrumpyNZ
Technical Helper
Technical Helper
First Name: Mike

Post by TrumpyNZ »

Someone would have to ask the question.
Why?? :roll:
I find Roger beep units annoying enough without modifying it to something like that.
WestCoastRadio
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by WestCoastRadio »

Well if you are wanting to do the modification, here is a link to some info that may interest you....

http://www.cbtricks.com/~ab7if/

Re: Roger Fart

Post by 555 »

Zane Johnston wrote:Can someone please explain the "modification" of converting you stock Ranger (Galaxy, Mirage, etc.) roger beep to a roger fart.

How STUPID is that, it's bad enough that people don't know when and where to use a Roger-Beep, and then someone wants to make it more annoying. Give us all a break ! :arrow:
nomadradio
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by nomadradio »

Before you know it they'll be asking how to stretch the duration of the RB to two or three seconds after they unkey.

Where will it all end ? ? ?

It's madness. Madness, I say!

downtown_clown

Post by downtown_clown »

Personally, I think it was a very honest question, and is no more annoying then someone runnin a smokin overmodualted wannabe chicken trucker cobra 29.

Post by 555 »

555 wrote:
Zane Johnston wrote:Can someone please explain the "modification" of converting you stock Ranger (Galaxy, Mirage, etc.) roger beep to a roger fart.

How STUPID is that, it's bad enough that people don't know when and where to use a Roger-Beep, and then someone wants to make it more annoying. Give us all a break ! :arrow:
I agree it's TOTALLY STUPID to do something like this, BUT that's the MENTALITY of CB operators especially the NEWBIES. What a joke, the FCC sould have never gotten rid of cb-licensing and they should make people take a test on how to use a cb-radio and proper ettiquette. 73 Jim :x
mag69
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by mag69 »

Hey 555 ,I love it when you HATERS come out or are you just ham operators. the man ask a question and all you could do is bitch, like anyone cares what a hater has to say, roger beeps or farts are here to stay like it or not.
He ask you a question not your opinion!!! or is his question stupid or not good enough for you to give him an anwser!!!! :evil: :twisted:
I like the little mad faces also.
We are out here to HELP each other not attack someone for asking about something you don't like.... with anwsers like that every one will stop asking or even comming to this site.
I'm back quiet 8)
Cherokee CBS 2100
Magnum S3
IMax 2000
Uniden 78XL
Cobra 29 LTD ST
Wilson 5000 magnet mounts
Uniden 510XL with a little Wil
Monitoring 27.005 in the Great Lakes State
WestCoastRadio
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by WestCoastRadio »

Hah, some of this is funny to read. I always run my roger beep on because people keep telling me to turn it off. I figure its my prefference and my radio to use and if someone dont like it, they can change the channel or turn their volume down. Although the stock beep is quite loud, the roger fart is a more mellow tone and alot of truckers who hate roger beeps, dont seem to mind the roger poots. Allthough mine are stock in sound, mine are modified so that they are not quite as long. I remove the 2.2uf cap and put in a 1uf cap so it is real quick. Doesnt seem to aggitate people as much and I still get to use it.
West Coast Radio
N. California USA
bullfrog13x4

Post by bullfrog13x4 »

i find this discussion exteramily entertaining because around here in iowa there has been a big argument about this subject. personially i do agree with the fact that it is my radio and i will run it the way i want. butt i can also understand the position on the anoying kids and there parents radios, butt i am not totially inicent there was a time were i would modify my beep to lats as long as possible minuts or more just to be anoying ya i know how stupid right butt it was fun then when they tried to tell me what to do with my equipment butt when i finally got my point accrost it wasnt fun anymore and quite frankly it even got anoying to me so speaking from experience i say to each his own and every local group will hafe to deal with this issue in there own way.

buttt as far as the origonal question if you fallow that cbtricks link you will see that the resister controlls the sound of the beep and the cap controlls the time or diration you will just have to experiment with different values untill you get the desired evvect.

as for you guys that want to be as anoying as possible you can wire two 6 pasition switches (same ones used for the channel mods) and connect one with different value resistors and the other with different value caps this will allow roger peep changes on the fly (without taking the radio apart each time you want to change the peep.

i am not trying to stirr up any hate and discontent i am merly sharing information and experences after all it was an inicent question to start with.

and isnt that excatly what this forum was setup for? (sharing info and helping fellow radio opperators)

happy 73's
rollincbmods

Post by rollincbmods »

Asking how to instal a roger fart is not a stupid question. I agree that roger beeps and the like are anoying, but some people like their toys. I was going to ask the same question about the roger fart, cause I have a customer at my shop that wants one installed for when he is talking on other channels than 19. How I look at it, if it can be done, and I can do it, I will modify a radio to any specification a customer wants. Im not going to turn down money cause it annoys someone out there.

I thought this forum was to asist people with radios and modificatinos, not giving opinions on what someone wants to do to their radio or their customer's radios.

-Nightmare-
warhorse
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

roger f''t

Post by warhorse »

Hi, i don?t condone out of band behavior and bleeps if moded can drift out of the given band widths am/fm-ssb-but cb tricks.com has your mod in the members section-answer to the question try Michael faradays discovery.
haans_gruber
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by haans_gruber »

I agree it's TOTALLY STUPID to do something like this, BUT that's the MENTALITY of CB operators especially the NEWBIES. What a joke, the FCC sould have never gotten rid of cb-licensing and they should make people take a test on how to use a cb-radio and proper ettiquette. 73 Jim :x
Well Jim, I disagree. no one has the right to license another individual. The argument over the ownship of airwaves is as two fleas arguing they own the dog they chose to jump on. It's absurd. It's illegal to kill people, yet people get killed each and every day.

A law cannot impart to an individual, a faculty deprived by nature.

peace,

haans :)
Renegado
Dead Key
Dead Key

Roger Fart !!!

Post by Renegado »

Just tell the man how to modified the Roger Beep into Roger Fart, simple as that, i don't know how, otherwise i will help the man !!!
Renegado
Dead Key
Dead Key

Roger Fart !!!

Post by Renegado »

GIVE THE MAN THE ROGER FART!!!.
ChickenBone

Post by ChickenBone »

I tried this on my 44v and it didn't work. Well, kind of didn't work. I got a fart sound, but not by anything that was listed. Done exactly the way it was posted. I tried the poly cap by c138 and it still beeped. If I touched the c138 lead, it would fart, as long as my palm was on the faceplate. Tried grounding it, etc. to no avail. Also, R179 makes the volume level too low for the mic gain. I had to crank it all the way up to get audio. Back to stock and I have since given up. Will try again at a later date. Bill
thetnhillbilly
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by thetnhillbilly »

555 wrote: How STUPID is that, it's bad enough that people don't know when and where to use a Roger-Beep, and then someone wants to make it more annoying. Give us all a break ! :arrow:
555, I don't remember the original person posting the question saying when and where they planned on using it, so don't assume they are doing it at the wrong time and place. How about enlightening us ignorant fools about when and where to use a roger beep. Sharing what you know would actually HELP, rather than just insult. Then, will you really care if it is a beep or fart?
fatdude1
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by fatdude1 »

thetnhillbilly wrote:
555 wrote: How STUPID is that, it's bad enough that people don't know when and where to use a Roger-Beep, and then someone wants to make it more annoying. Give us all a break ! :arrow:
555, I don't remember the original person posting the question saying when and where they planned on using it, so don't assume they are doing it at the wrong time and place. How about enlightening us ignorant fools about when and where to use a roger beep. Sharing what you know would actually HELP, rather than just insult. Then, will you really care if it is a beep or fart?
good one thetnhillbilly
moonshinner

Post by moonshinner »

Roger Beep's ..A local around here runs a galaxy 99 with a mobile max and a echo max all at once with all the beeps turned on with double echo...STRANGE NOISE...73 Moonshinner
FIVE AND A QUARTER
Intrepid

Post by Intrepid »

I was thinking on requesting the installation instructions of a 5tone rb for a friend of mine, and right now I am not shure if I'll get the support from you guys.
hehehehe, thanks anyways
Grasshopper
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Grasshopper »

I have a triple beep in my 148 and I'd love to shove it up the ass of all the bitches who are complaining. These guys are technical supporters and are being less than helpful. If you don't want to give tech support then hand in your badge.
Grasshopper
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Grasshopper »

I have a triple beep in my 148 and I'd love to shove it up the ass of all the bitches who are complaining. These guys are "Technical Helpers" and are being less than helpful. If you don't want to give tech support then hand in your badge.
fuzzyfireman338
Dead Key
Dead Key

Roger Fart

Post by fuzzyfireman338 »

Still have not seen the mods posted.....
YosemitySam
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by YosemitySam »

555 wrote:

THIS IS WHY I LIKE TO GO 2M OR 10M AT A 1000W OF INFINESS ROGER BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! THOSE FLEA BITTEN CARNSARDED HAM OPPS; GOTTA MAKE MY BISKETS BURN!
ramblingman
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

coverting stock ranger/galaxy roger beep to roger fart

Post by ramblingman »

hi there,hope this helps.change c-136 to a .22 uf capacitor.change c-137 to a .22 uf cap..change c-138 to a .1 uf cap..change r-179 to a 220k resistor.and change c-134 to a 6.8 uf cap..c-134 controls the timing of the beep circuit,the lower the value of the cap,the shorter the beep.and the higher the value of the cap.the longer the duration of the beep,id go from about a 2.2 to a 6.8 uf somewhere in that range,course if you really want to aggitate go to about a 10 uf cap,on c-134...also you can go to www.cbretards.com and click on cb pages,and scroll down,theyve got the mod and a few more different mods.theyve also got a icon you can click on and see what itll sound like when youve finished mod........good luck with your radio............ramblinman
kc8mob
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by kc8mob »

555 wrote:
555 wrote:

Now you know how HAM operators feel about CBers :P
Show me the Linears!
Dx_freak

Roger Fart Mod

Post by Dx_freak »

Here is my 1st post on this site and a good topic for doing so. I aggre with all that all info should be for helping all and all questions should be answered and in a non abrasive way. Folks come to these forums for help and guidance not to be slamed and/or bashed. A simple question deserves and simple answer. All other folks as 555 need to find a forum for complainers and/or such. There are lots out there. As for the mods for out there, cbtricks nor cbforretards worked in my favor, it did work if as someone here denoted, keep your hand on the case and it would kind of work. I also found it to kinda work till case was installed. Then it went away. I do know that it can be dont with little effort and parts. I have seen it done without removing a single part. I seen 5-6 of the 104 disc caps installed on the solder side of board and make a good sounding fart. Just have to experament, then when you get it right, pass it on to everyone you know, install a 5 tone roger beep and a 3 stage ping and then hope to live in a neighborhood were 555 and kc8mob live and we can call them the EBAY POLICE COMMITY!! If they moan and groan here, you know what they do when they see you selling a good modded cb radio made for 10 meter for the intention for channel expansion to be used on 11 meter and visa versa. That will help the hammers something to complain about, Now you know how CB operators feel about HAMMERS!!! :lol:
zeppfrog
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by zeppfrog »

bah, dont care about right or wrong... those are just abstracts... what i do care about is a nice loud flatulating sound after i am finished speaking my piece... should have come standard in the radio instead of that annoying beep