Best Mobile Antenna? (Mobile Beams?)

For discussions dealing with CB Antenna Systems.
Woodstock

Best Mobile Antenna? (Mobile Beams?)

Post by Woodstock »

I am trying to find out what mobile anrenna is the best for both TX and RX. I have tried wilson 1000, firestick, skipshooter and a few other lesser knowns. So far I think the wilson is probably the best. If anyone knows of a better brand or model, please advise. Also, I am trying to find out about mobile beams. I have seen two sets of these. A truck driver had one and and I saw one on an rv once. I confirmed that it was actually a cb antenna while talking to the truck driver on the radio. I can't seem to find any info on the web. If anyone knows about them, please let me know. Thanks.
Woodstock told ya that an iiiii'm baaack out!
ouxly40
Dead Key
Dead Key

Antennas

Post by ouxly40 »

There is not really a better antenna. The best antenna is the one that works best on that vehicle. Wilson 1000 is good but does not always do well in some applications. Try several ones and see what SWR you get and compare field strength from each.
kc8mob
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by kc8mob »

Phased antennas are basically beams. You can determine the direction of radiation by phase delay in the feed line.

The Wilson is by far the easiest antenna to use. For the ease of use it's the best. The one with the magnet and coil at the bottom. It's a shunt fed, inductor loaded 5/8 wave mobile. Which means it has gain.

Other then that. A 102" whip.
r4uconifer

Post by r4uconifer »

kc8mob wrote:Phased antennas are basically beams. You can determine the direction of radiation by phase delay in the feed line.

The Wilson is by far the easiest antenna to use. For the ease of use it's the best. The one with the magnet and coil at the bottom. It's a shunt fed, inductor loaded 5/8 wave mobile. Which means it has gain.

Other then that. A 102" whip.
davedonna
Dead Key
Dead Key

Sirio Hypower 4000

Post by davedonna »

Sirio Hypower 4000

i found this to be the best yet hope this helps
Z28

Post by Z28 »

Along time ago I compared the wilson against a 1/4 wave whip. The whip got out 1S unit better RX and TX. Now I have a 5 foot Quad antenna. (similar to Firestick), top loaded. It is equal in TX to the 1/4 wave, but its 3 1/2 feet shorter!
fantacmet

Post by fantacmet »

Francis Maser is an EXCELLENT Antenna. I had an old 72 Maverick with a tweaked Midland 77-117(not the best but did do good on the bench), and used a francis maser(102" in a ball mount) in the location for the radio antenna, and I was slamming it out EVERYWHERE. A friend of mine did me a REALLY HUGE favor, and I had nothing to put my radio in so I gave the setup to him for his motorhome, and he was blasting out everywhere too. I tried that antenna on several radios and cars, and it always worked beautifully. Only downside is it's fiberglass, so if you run TOO much power through it from a big amp you'll blow it apart.
frogman296
Heavy User
Heavy User

Post by frogman296 »

stay away form those mobile beams...they are complete junk...stargunn junk

the best coil antennas out there...10K on 55 antennas.....magnet mount, wilson 5000.

what vehicle??
vintagetech

Post by vintagetech »

Here is a beam that works extremely well. We designed, built and installed this and the first ground wave contact we made was almost 90 miles as the crow flies. So mobile beams are not junk they work very well when properly done. The reflector is on a quick disconnect so it can be removed when traveling in town but works realy well on the highway.

Dennis
Platteview Custom Radio
Attachments
011.JPG
011.JPG (174.62 KiB) Viewed 7074 times
process0
First Name: Noto

Re: Best Mobile Antenna? (Mobile Beams?)

Post by process0 »

Hellos. hows u doing . what is the price of this mobile antenna. wheere to get the best mobile software. with all the information about the installation. dose it compatible with the previous handsets?