Browning Ping Project

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
IDX396
First Name: Bruce

Browning Ping Project

Post by IDX396 »

Hello, Has anyone one built the browning ping project by Stan The Man?
I have got all the parts and put it together on a breadboard and can not seem to get it to work.
I have checked everything 3 times and still nothing. I did notice that it injection some noise
when keyed up but it is more like static. Can anyone shed some light....

Also I assume that the Green wire goes to the mike switch so it sends a signal to the board....... :banghead:
Thanks!
nomadradio
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: Browning Ping Project

Post by nomadradio »

Have you got a link to this project?

IDX396
First Name: Bruce

Re: Browning Ping Project

Post by IDX396 »

Hello,
Yes, It is on this site. Go to: http://www.radiomods.co.nz/browningping.html .... It list all the parts to get and has a diagram to follow. I got all the stuff but built it on a breadboard and can not seem to get it to work. I built it on a perfboard and still nothing. It kill the send when the mike button is pushed. It also has a lot of static on receive when hooked up. I like to build things as a hobby and learn how to put it together and get it to work. Still learning.... Bruce
P.S. If you have any suggestion it would be great as I have set it aside for now and working on My old kenwood amp that popped some caps... :)