1n0041 diode with resitor for swing kit

Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
the dx screwdriver
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by the dx screwdriver »

this mod did not work correctly i installed it the way it was advised and nothing. it keys up with no forward swing tryed it backwards still nothing. dx 2527 (ebt295013z) i do belive any info on this mod i see every were would be great i have done audio mod and power mod but not achiving the forward swing i am used to seeing when i do that same kit in super stars galaxy mobiles cobre you name it just no good with the rci board any info with this would be great..( i kind of feel stupid asking ) but thx
RI 421 Golden Screw Driver on the golden screw driver built radio.... locking up eastford conn.. puting the smack down on the 11 Crazy Horse
frogman296
Heavy User
Heavy User

Post by frogman296 »

i dont see that radio in the list of radios that the wing mod can be performed on....what is the mobile equivalent of this radio??

where did you install the mod??
the dx screwdriver
Dead Key
Dead Key

frog....

the same board as the 2950 with little difference
RI 421 Golden Screw Driver on the golden screw driver built radio.... locking up eastford conn.. puting the smack down on the 11 Crazy Horse
sonoma
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer
First Name: Johnie

Post by sonoma »

can you post a picture of how you did the mod.the mod can be done if it is in the proper place.
sonoma
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by sonoma »

I tried to download a picture of the mod from my computer and it will not show up.guess I do not know how to do it.error says not allowed.
sonoma
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by sonoma »

http://www.yourfreespace.net/users/sono ... %20mod.bmp

got it to work from this sight.this is the bottom side of the board by the 2sb754 transister
the dx screwdriver
Dead Key
Dead Key

GOT IT TO WORK THE 1N4001 DOSE NOT WORK ON 295013Z BOARD YOU WILL NEED A 1N9148 OR ONE OF THE SAME TYPE AND A 50 OHM RES. SOLDER THE BANNDED END OF DIODE TO RESISTOR. AND ATTACH TO THE DIODE TOCENTER LEG OF Q51 BUT ONTO THE PAD THAT THE TRACE RUNS TO, THERE SHOULD BE 5 SOLDERED PINS ON THIS PAD,, NOW TO THE LEFT OF PAD IS A SNAKE LOOKING TRACE ATTACH THE LEG OF THE RESISTOR TO THIS, RETUNE FOR FORWARD SWING YOU SHOULD KNOW HAVE FULL FORWARD SWING AT ANY POWER LEVEL

HOPE THIS HELPS OUT (BE SHUR THAT Q32 IS IN IF THE CLIPPER IS PULLED IT WILL SOUND LIKE CRAP ALL GARBALY(AND YOU SHOULD HAVE ENUFF AUDIO TO THROW AWY THE POWER MIKE'S
GOLDEN SCRE DRIVER ON THE GOLDEN SCREW DRIVER BUILT RADIOS