Making your own amp

For discussions dealing with CB Radio Amplifiers.
ShoreLine
Dead Key
Dead Key

Making your own amp

Post by ShoreLine »

Has anyone make there own amp and wants to share there info?
"Looking for a Radio Check"

"Yup its a radio"
turbo
Dead Key
Dead Key

home brew amps

Post by turbo »

Yes there is a very easy to build one . Using info on the internet on web sites like CBtriks primarily , I found the nessasary info to brew up a series of amps froma 1 pill all the way to a 64 pill . some use no board and the larger ones involveing board burning and that a little more involved that a beginner would be starting on . start with a two pill . my favorite is the slightly modified texas starr skeleton 220 . Modification due to copy rights on the designe . use a key circut from a differant amp like the palomar 450 or 550 . Yes you can pick and choose the circuts that you want to intagrate together . This 220 is a boardless assymbly and the hardest thing about it is the cabinet construction . tapping 4-40 threads is a challenge without breaking a tap . The rest is pretty simple . Check this web site for parts source www.westgateparts.com as well as www.rfparts.com . well I can not put all of the info one one reply , feel free to email on the subject . have fun building from Turbo
frogman296
Heavy User
Heavy User

Post by frogman296 »

some places have the full kits thats you can buy..pretty neat...be a great learning experience
turbo
Dead Key
Dead Key

home brew pix one pill

Post by turbo »

YosemitySam
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by YosemitySam »

WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

making your own amp

Post by WARLORD136 »

you can check out the interiors of different amps at amateur linear amps.com
WARLORD 136 <> some people are affraid of the dark---some are affraid to leave it<>