cannot find info on superstar 3000B

For discussions on CB Radio Alignment and Tuning
robr

cannot find info on superstar 3000B

Post by robr »

Ive had this radio for a few months now and I have not been able to find alignment/mods on this radio. The board in it is EPT 120112Z. Do you know which other radio would have this board type? hopefully I could use that for a start on any type work on this.

Also I have the owners manual and looks to be in french or so, (not my language!!) appreciate any input on this..
thks robr s.c.
sonoma
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer
First Name: Johnie

Post by sonoma »

Superstar 3000: {L33, VR14-AMC, VR15-AM WR, VR5-FM DEV}
this is all I could find on this radio.
robr

Post by robr »

thks for the info on the 3000 i guess thats not a common radio huh?
sonoma
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer
First Name: Johnie

Post by sonoma »

I searched all over and could not find anything on it .I have all 7 of the master books and all 29 of the secret cb and this was all I could find on it.
curious as to when it was made.could be on the Sams books if it old enough.
ramblingman
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by ramblingman »

hello guys,,,,i think it has the same board as all the other galaxys...im pretty sure..see if it doesnt have the ept 360014b pcb.i think youll find it does.if so just look under the galaxys info.
robr

Post by robr »

aplologies for no reply sooner.. ramblingman I will look closer to board; and if it is a galaxy cousin regrets to all for the wild goose chase.. I will advise whether or not I see any other info..

sonoma thanks 2 you for your info and sorry for making you go crosseyed lookin thru all those manuals for me ..
thks robr s.c.
nomadradio
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by nomadradio »

Saw some radios around here 7 or 8 years ago with that model number.

It has a unique pc board, type "EPT3000". Has an enormous modulation transformer driven by a pair of 6-Watt audio chips. Big-time high-level modulation. And no easy way to get big "swing" from a low carrier level.

No data.

No schemo.

No parts layout.

Suggested to Lou Franklin that he publish that one, around 2000 or '01. Never heard back.

The EPT120 board was used in a "Superstar 120", I think. Seems to me that one is out there somewhere.

robr

Post by robr »

thanks a bunch 4 info relating to SS,, I have informed as some of you were saying cousin to the SS 121 (It to at one time had that type board in it) Its a SUPER LOUD radio have had others on receive side telling me to turn modu down TOO LOUD!!) thks again guys..
thks robr s.c.